Fall 2018 Scholarships for High School Singers
Purpose: to encourage and educate high-school age singers, and to welcome those singers to participate in the Grosse Pointe Memorial Church adult choir
- Students are invited to apply each semester for awards in the amount of $400 each; the funds will be applied to their private voice lessons at their high school or at the church. A maximum of four awards will be granted.
- Interested applicants must complete an application form and submit it by no later than Friday, May 25. Auditions for will be held in early June (or by appointment);Students need not prepare an audition song (although they are welcome to do so).
- Awards will be paid directly to the voice teachers.
- Each recipient will be expected to participate in the Grosse Pointe Memorial Church adult choir. Allowance will be made for a specified number of excused absences to accommodate high school choral program activities and personal emergencies.
- The Grosse Pointe Memorial Church adult choir rehearses Thursday evenings from 7:15-9:15 and sings at both 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. Sunday services. Conducted by nationally known organist, conductor, and composer James Biery, they sing a wide variety of traditional repertoire, and present concerts, major works, and chancel operas.
- Eligibility: Recipients may be of any faith tradition and need not be members of Grosse Pointe Memorial Church. Applicants may attend any high school, public or private, but must be active participants in their school vocal music program.
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Donna Hartzell, GPMC Communications, Worship and Music Assistant, at (313) 882-5330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the application form: