Childcare for Infants and Toddlers
“Let the little children come to me….For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
We welcome you and your child to Grosse Pointe Memorial Church. It is our goal to provide a safe, comfortable and nurturing environment for your child. We also want you to feel secure about your child’s well being while they are with us, so please take a few moments to review our childcare guidelines.
Age of Care and Availability
On Sunday morning, childcare is available for infants and children up to age three from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. during the 9 and 11 a.m. worship schedule and 8:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. during the summer 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. worship schedule.
Your child will be well cared for when they are with us. Our Infant and Toddler rooms are staffed by two paid child care professionals and a rotation of volunteers who provide a safe, loving and fun environment for the children.
Drop off and Pick Up
To ensure that transition time is easy for you and your child, please follow these instructions:
- Upon arrival, sign in your child.
- Share any special needs or concerns about your child with our staff. If this is your first time visiting the nursery, please complete a Child Information Form. This form is available at the check-in counter in the Infant/Toddler room or by clicking on this link Child Information Form.
- If you so choose, sign out one of our Childcare Alert Pagers. You will be paged if you are needed back to the nursery to assist your child.
- Provide a labeled diaper bag with extra disposable diapers; fresh clothes; and any bottles, drinks or snacks your child will need.
- Note: We do provide juice and a snack during their stay with us.
PLEASE LET US KNOW OF ANY FOOD ALLERGIES
These are the snacks we provide:
Goldfish Crackers Cheerios Water or Apple Juice
If your child cries when you drop him or her off, please don’t panic! Our childcare workers will work with you to find the best way to comfort them so you and your child can enjoy your time at church.
If your child becomes ill or injured while in our care, the staff will page you, alerting you to return to the nursery. For the health and safety of all children and staff, please keep children at home if they have had the following in the last 24 hours: fever, vomiting, discharge in or around the eyes, runny nose with green/yellow mucus, excessive coughing, diarrhea, or a questionable rash.
We do offer a snack to the children in the Toddler room. We provide goldfish crackers or cheerios, apple juice or water.
For infants, we will gladly give your little one whatever bottle or snack you provide for them.
PLEASE ALERT US TO ANY FOOD ALLERGIES OR IF YOU WOULD PREFER THAT YOUR CHILD NOT HAVE A SNACK DURING THEIR STAY.