FROLIC – A Ministry for Families
Frolic is a new ministry specifically geared for families with children from birth through age three.
It was developed by Spark House, a group focused on supporting faith development in children, youth and adults. Through monthly E-newsletters, and periodic parent/child classes; this ministry is designed to help families begin to create a lasting Christian faith foundation for their children.
- Created for Babies and Toddlers – Developed by early childhood experts, Frolic resources introduce little ones to faith concepts in age-appropriate ways.
- Building Relationships – Frolic Faith Classes help connect parents to each other as they share the joys and challenges of parenting.
- Support from Church – As a community of faith, we are committed to partner with parents to help guide and nurture children into faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
The E-newsletter will arrive on the first of the month and will feature four articles about child development and faith formation. The goal of each monthly issue is to support families in helping their child take their first steps of faith. Content is based on the age of the child and the month of the year.
Frolic Faith classes will also be offered on Sunday mornings for parents and children. These gatherings will provide a social, family-friendly setting for faith to grow and relationships to develop. It will also be a great time to meet other parents and children of the same age. Social gatherings will also be offered at various times throughout the year.
Families of young children lead busy lives and cannot always make it to church on Sunday mornings. This is a wonderful opportunity for families to stay connected with church during those early years. To receive the month E newsletter or to learn more about Frolic, connect Lisa Turner in the Christian Education offices.
Frolic Families are invited:
A Gift from the Heart – Advent Mission Project for Families
Sunday, December 2, 2018
12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
Our mission project will provide your family:
- The enjoyment of church fellowship and a potluck lunch (Please provide a side dish or dessert – no dishes with nut products – to share.)
- The opportunity to create a gift basket to be given to one of the older members of our congregation (The church will supply all the materials)
- The pleasure of delivering the gift basket along with well wishes to the lucky recipient (Recipients will be assigned to families before the event)
For planning purposes we require reservations and notice of the dish you plan to offer.
Please RSVP to the Christian Education offices by Tuesday, November 30.
Contact Lisa Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.