Seekers is Grosse Pointe Memorial Church’s confirmation program. Seekers are students ninth grade and older who are seeking God and making a decision about joining the church as adult members. If you would like to join the Seekers program, please register using these forms.
Requirements for the Seekers program:
- The Seekers program will meet during middle hour from 10-11am each Sunday (except during school vacations). Seekers must attend ¾ of the sessions in order to be confirmed.
- Seekers should attend worship on a regular basis, and will need to complete 4 worship reports during the year. Seekers are also encouraged to participate in worship leadership during the year by serving as a lay reader, acolyte, crucifer, or by participating in Youth Sunday on Sunday, January 24.
- Seekers will be matched with a mentor in November. Please plan to meet with that mentor about once a month.
- The Seekers will have one weekend retreat from April 8-10, 2016 at Howell Nature Center. During the weekend, they will begin to write their statement of faith. This is a very important time of discernment and relationship building, so this retreat is a required event.
- After the retreat, Seekers who wish to join the church will complete a personal statement of faith. They will share this statement of faith with the Session at a special dinner on Monday, April 25 from 6-8 pm. Families are also invited to attend this dinner.
- Seekers will be confirmed during the 9am worship service on Sunday, May 1.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Associate Pastor, Rev. Sarah Godbehere at sgodbehere at gpmchurch dot org.