Our Seekers are well on their way!
So far this year we’ve traveled to an overnight retreat at Camp Howell that included a high ropes course and a sunrise service – which was very impressively done by this group of high school freshmen and sophomores.
Our second retreat brought us to Chicago. Traveling with the confirmation class from First Presbyterian Church of Birmingham, we served at Cornerstone Community Outreach Center, visited McCormick Seminary and of course, had a blast.Some upcoming dates that we’re looking forward to:
- April 11-13: Our third retreat at Skyline Camp & Retreat Center.
- April 28: Session Dinner @ GPMC
- June 8 (Pentecost); Confirmation Sunday!
As we prepare for these upcoming events, our Seekers are reminded to continue working on the following items. (“Homework”, if you will):
- Each Seeker is asked to review three worship services through the lens of Soren Kierkegaard, using this form.
- Please read The Case for Christ (Student Version) before our next Retreat. I have copies in my office for you.
- You should also be meeting regularly with a church member as a Prayer Partner.
As we move forward in crafting our own individual Faith Statements, I again encourage to set a time (regularly) to meet with me, and to review the following items we looked at at our las retreat:
If you have any questions – or if something comes up – let me know!!!