Grosse Pointe Memorial Church has two youth groups:
- L.I.F.E. Living In Faith Evermore, Middle School youth group, grades 6-8.
- T.U.X.I.S. Together Under Christ In Service, High School youth group, grades 9-12.
We are blessed with a vibrant and engaged youth group here at Memorial. Meeting weekly on Tuesday nights, we break bread together, share a time of fellowship, prayer, study and – of course – play. Dinner is from 6-6:30pm, followed by worship, study, and games from 6:30-8pm. Feel free to come to any portion of the evening. We also have special service and social events throughout the year. Take a look at our full calendar, or browse through a selection of our upcoming events below.
Except for public school vacations, every week we have:
Sunday, 10-11am: Sunday School for Middle School and Seekers Confirmation Class
Tuesday, 6-8pm: Dinner, Fellowship, Study and Play
And here are some of our special events:
- Sun, Sept 29, 10am: High school Small Group begins
- Sat, Oct 5, 10am: High school Fall Retreat
- Sun, Oct 13, 10am: Mission Trip Info Session
- Tues, Oct 29, 9am: High School Giant Step Conference
- Sat, Nov 2, 10am: Seekers Service Day
- Tues, Nov 5, 4pm: LIFE/TUXIS host Shelter Week Dinner
- Sun, Nov 17, 10am: High School Small Group meets
- Sun, Dec 8, 10am: High School Small Group meets
- Sun, Dec 15, 10am: Seekers & Mentors Mixer
- Tues, Dec 17, 6pm: LIFE/TUXIS Christmas Party
Check our calendar for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Associate Pastor, Rev. Sarah Godbehere at sgodbehere at gpmchurch dot org.
Did you know? The X in T.U.X.I.S is a reference to the Greek letter chi, which looks just like an English letter X. Chi is the first letter in the Greek work for Christ, Χριστός. Because of chi, X is sometimes used as an abbreviation for the word Christ. For instance, people sometimes abbreviate "Christmas" by saying "X-mas."