Grosse Pointe Memorial Church has two youth groups:
- L.I.F.E. Living In Faith Evermore, Middle School youth group, grades 6-8.
- T.U.X.I.S. Together Under Christ In Service, High School youth group, grades 9-12.
We are blessed with a vibrant and engaged youth group here at Memorial. Meeting weekly on Tuesday nights, we break bread together, share a time of fellowship, prayer, study and – of course – play. Dinner is from 6-6:30pm, followed by worship, study, and games from 6:30-8pm. Feel free to come to any portion of the evening. We also have special service and social events throughout the year. Take a look at our full calendar, or browse through a selection of our upcoming events below.
Here are some of our upcoming events:
- Every Sunday, 10-11am: Sunday School for Middle School and High School
- Every Tuesday, 6-8pm: Dinner, Fellowship, Study and Play
- Tues, Sept 26, 6pm: LIFE/TUXIS kickoff. Join us on Trinity Terrace for a magical evening! Wear clothes you can get messy!
- Sat, Sept 30, 8:30am-6pm: Middle School retreat at Camp Howell
- Sun, Oct 22, 10am: High School Mission trip information session
- Tues, Nov 7, 4pm: LIFE and TUXIS host Shelter Week dinner!
- Tues, Nov 21: OFF for Thanksgiving
- Tues, Dec 12, 6pm: last meeting of LIFE/TUXIS for 2017! Christmas party
Check our calendar for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Associate Pastor, Rev. Sarah Godbehere at sgodbehere at gpmchurch dot org.
Did you know? The X in T.U.X.I.S is a reference to the Greek letter chi, which looks just like an English letter X. Chi is the first letter in the Greek work for Christ, Χριστός. Because of chi, X is sometimes used as an abbreviation for the word Christ. For instance, people sometimes abbreviate "Christmas" by saying "X-mas."