Grosse Pointe Memorial Church has two youth groups:
- L.I.F.E. Living In Faith Evermore, Middle School youth group, grades 6-8.
- T.U.X.I.S. Together Under Christ In Service, High School youth group, grades 9-12.
We are blessed with a vibrant and engaged youth group here at Memorial. Meeting weekly on Tuesday nights, we break bread together, share a time of fellowship, prayer, study and – of course – play. Dinner is from 6-6:30pm, followed by worship, study, and games from 6:30-8pm. Feel free to come to any portion of the evening. We also have special service and social events throughout the year. Take a look at our full calendar, or browse through a selection of our upcoming events below.
Except for public school vacations, every week we have:
Sunday, 10-11am: Sunday School for Middle School and Seekers Confirmation Class
Tuesday, 6-8pm: Dinner, Fellowship, Study and Play
And here are some of our special events:
- Sun, Feb 9, 9am, 11am, 5pm: Youth Sunday
- Sun, Feb 9, 10-11am: High School Small Group
- Tues, Feb 11, 5-7pm: Cook-off Youth Team
- Tues, Feb 18: Mid-winter break – No LIFE & TUXIS
- Tues, Feb 25, 5-7pm: Cook-off Advisors Team
- February 28 – March 1: Spring Hill Retreat with First Pres Birmingham
- Sat, Feb 29, 6-8pm: Coffee House fundraiser
- Sat, March 7, 9am-2pm: Kids Against Hunger Service Day
- Sat, March 7 – Sun, March 8: LIFE Lock-in
- Sun, Mar 15, 10-11am: High School Small Group
- Fri, Mar 27, 7pm-midnight: HS Road Rally and Movie Night
- Sun, Apr 19, 10-11am: High School Small Group
Check our calendar for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Associate Pastor, Rev. Sarah Godbehere at sgodbehere at gpmchurch dot org.
Did you know? The X in T.U.X.I.S is a reference to the Greek letter chi, which looks just like an English letter X. Chi is the first letter in the Greek work for Christ, Χριστός. Because of chi, X is sometimes used as an abbreviation for the word Christ. For instance, people sometimes abbreviate "Christmas" by saying "X-mas."