Grosse Pointe Memorial Church has two youth groups:
- L.I.F.E. Living In Faith Evermore, Middle School youth group, grades 6-8.
- T.U.X.I.S. Together Under Christ In Service, High School youth group, grades 9-12.
We are blessed with a vibrant and engaged youth group here at Memorial. Meeting weekly on Tuesday nights, we break bread together, share a time of fellowship, prayer, study and – of course – play. Dinner is from 6-6:30pm, followed by worship, study, and games from 6:30-8pm. Feel free to come to any portion of the evening. We also have special service and social events throughout the year. Take a look at our full calendar, or browse through a selection of our upcoming events below.
Here are some of our upcoming events:
- Every Sunday, 10-11am: Sunday School for Middle School and Seekers Confirmation Class
- Every Tuesday, 6-8pm: Dinner, Fellowship, Study and Play
- Fri, Jan 18, noon-5pm: LIFE/TUXIS lunch and ice skating. It’s a half-day for public schools, so come to lunch and then share your best moves on the ice!
- Sat, Jan 19, 3-9pm: Presbytery of Detroit MLK Service Day and Piston’s Game
- Sun, Jan 27, 10-11am: High School Small Group
- Sat, Feb 2 – Sun, Feb 3: Middle School lock-in
- Sun, Feb 10: Youth Sunday
- Sun, Feb 10, 10-11am: High School Small Group
- Tues, Feb 12, 6:30-8pm: Road Rally!
- Fri, Mar 1 – Sat, Mar 2: High School lock-in
- Sun, Mar 17, 10-11am: High School Small Group
- Fri, Mar 22 – Sun, Mar 24: Seekers Retreat
- Sat, Mar 23, 9am-1pm: Kids Coalition Against Hunger service project – food packing
- Tues, Apr 9, 4:30-6pm: Coffee with high school seniors
- Sun, Apr 21, 10-11am: High School Small Group
- Mon, Apr 29, 6-8pm: Seekers/Session Dinner
- Sun, May 5, 9-11am: Confirmation!
- Sun, May 19, 10-11am: High School Small Group
- Sun, May 19: Last meeting of Middle School Sunday School
- Tues, May 21: Last night of LIFE/TUXIS – Slip & Slide!
- Sun, Jun 2, 8:30-10:30am: Graduating Seniors Recognition and Brunch
Check our calendar for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Associate Pastor, Rev. Sarah Godbehere at sgodbehere at gpmchurch dot org.
Did you know? The X in T.U.X.I.S is a reference to the Greek letter chi, which looks just like an English letter X. Chi is the first letter in the Greek work for Christ, Χριστός. Because of chi, X is sometimes used as an abbreviation for the word Christ. For instance, people sometimes abbreviate "Christmas" by saying "X-mas."