Stephen Ministry is thriving at Grosse Pointe Memorial Church. We currently have 30 active Stephen Ministers who have undergone at least 50 hours of training in emotional and spiritual care. Each Stephen Minister is equipped to provide confidential, one-on-one Christian care and ongoing support to individuals who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
What Can You Do?
This is your ministry. Here’s how you can play an important role:
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister in your time of need.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, co-worker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
- If you are a good listener and a compassionate person, talk to a Stephen Leader about becoming a Stephen Minister. Contact Carol Marks, Director of Pastoral Ministries (313-882-5330, ext. 127) or one of our Stephen Leaders: Debby Owen (313-647-0799) or Lois Ann Hernquist (313-821-5110)
About The Stephen Ministries Organization:
- More than 11,000 congregations are enrolled in the Stephen Series. They represent more than 160 different Christian denominations and come from all 50 states, 10 Canadian provinces, and 24 other countries.
- Since 1975 Stephen Ministers have provided distinctively Christian care to more than one-and-a-half million people in one-to-one Stephen Ministry caring relationships and have also used their caregiving skills to touch the lives of millions more in other ways.
Visit the Stephen Ministry website to learn more about
this extraordinary organization: www.stephenministries.org